|IRES 2012: Call for papers|
7th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference and Exhibition (IRES 2012)
bcc Berlin Congress Center
November 12-14, 2012
Call for papers: We are delighted about the many abstracts we have received and would like to thank all participants! Acceptance notifictions will be sent out by e-mail around mid-June.
If you intend to submit a proposal for an oral presentation at the IRES 2012, please contact us by phone first. Contact person: Valentin Hollain, Tel.: +49-228-2891446
As in the previous years the abstracts for the poster exhibition will be accepted for evaluation until September 15, 2012.
You are invited to submit to abstracts of projects addressing the following topics:
• Storage solutions for electricity, heat and mobility (electrochemical, electrostatic, electromechanical, electrodynamic, chemical, thermal and thermochemical)
• The legal, political, social, national economic and market economic aspects of integrating energy storage into the energy supply system
• The need for storage capacity scenarios and assessment studies for all applications and energy sectors
• Strategies for systems with a high share of Renewable Energy and 100% Renewable Energy systems – focus on the use of storage
• Storage systems in stationary applications as well as vehicle to grid solutions and their integration into the power grid
• Hybrid and combined Renewable Energy power plants/virtual power plants and smart grid concepts with Renewable Energy
• Self consumption of photovoltaic energy, off-grid and micro-grid systems
• Heat storage for buildings and industrial applications
• Compact thermal energy storage: design of reactors, heat exchanger development, optimization of heat and mass transport as well as simulations of all these aspects
• CHP and heating networks, use of new or existing thermal storage in the power grids
• Interaction of the energy networks for power, gas and heat and cross-sectoral use of energy storage systems
• High temperature storage for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP)
• Market entry strategies and the associated business and cost models for the operation of storage systems and hybrid and combined Renewable Energy power plants/virtual power plants under different economic and technological frameworks (developed countries, developing countries, emerging economies)
• And in particular: realized systems and operational experience
• All topics can be considered from a technical, an economic as well as from an ecological point of view.
In order to permit a clear structure for the conference to be established, kindly make sure to specify whether your submission concerns
b) analysis of installed systems, or
c) new product innovations
Unless you specify the nature of your submission we will be unable to consider it for inclusion in the conference program.
In particular we also encourage you to submit articles providing overviews. These should not primarily feature one’s own work but rather provide critical analysis of a field and an unbiased view with respect to the state of the art of it.
Projects can also be shared by a poster presentation at the conference location (poster size A0). A special poster session provides the opportunity for the poster presenters to explain their projects and work to the conference attendees.
Please send an abstract of your poster presentation (1 page maximum plus 2 optional pages with captioned charts and diagrams) in German or English, by September 15, 2012 to: . Phone: +49 (0) 228-362373, Fax: +49 (0) 228-361279
Abstracts should include and specify:
• The title of the poster presentation (and poster paper)
• Full contact details including the author's phone and fax numbers, e-mail address and the name of someone to contact in case of questions
• A short summary of the presentation
• Presentation of choice: paper or poster
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt, Title in capital letters
• Single line spacing
• Word document or PDF file
The contributions will be evaluated by the steering committee based on content, form, and suitability for the event. The steering committee is fully authorized to reject contributions. The decision by the steering committee is final.
Mr. Valentin Hollain, Project manager IRES 2012
Call for papers IRES 2012