- was founded in 1988 as the European Association for Renewable Energy by Dr. Hermann Scheer (1944-2010),
- conducts its work independently of political parties, institutions, commercial enterprises and interest groups and is a registered non-profit organization,
- is dedicated to the cause of completely substituting for nuclear and fossil energy through renewable energy,
- regards solar energy supply as essential to preserve the natural resources and a prerequisite for a sustainable economy,
- acts to change conventional political priorities and common infrastructures in favor of renewable energy, from the local to the international level,
- brings together expertise from the fields of politics, economy, science and culture to promote the entry of solar energy,
- develops and encourages political and economic action plans and concepts for the introduction of renewable energy,
- addresses and initiates action at the international level and also the national, regional and local levels,
- provides the opportunity to play a part in the sociocultural movement for renewable energy by joining the association,
- considers full renewable energy supply a momentous and visionary goal - the challenge of the century to humanity.
The highest bodies are the European Delegates' Assembly at the international level and the general assembly at the national section level.
EUROSOLAR is represented by an international executive committee, a president and the vice-presidents, and by a national executive committee at section level.
As a membership based, non-profit organization, EUROSOLAR, the European Association for Renewable Energy, is financed from membership fees and donations only.
The EUROSOLAR team at the Bonn head office is made up of full-time and part-time employees. Please refer to your right to learn who is in charge of subjects of interest to you.