You are hereby cordially invited to submit an abstract for the 2022 conference via our submission plat-form until 1st September for oral and poster presentations.
Full papers and presentations can be submitted until February 10, 2022 for the IRES 2022 conference proceedings, to be fully refereed and published in EUROSOLAR’s scientific open access journal, published through AtlantisPress.
The European Association for Renewable Energy EUROSOLAR holds its 16th International Renewable Energy Storage Conference (IRES 2022) March 15-17, 2022, as a hybrid event with both physical attendance option at Messe Duesseldorf and online via videoconferencing.
IRES is the world’s largest refereed science and technology conference in renewable energy provides a comprehensive scientific treatment of energy storage technologies that can enable the global transition towards the decarbonisation of economies through ubiquitous renewable energy systems. The conference program encompasses all storage technologies in their context, and welcomes case studies, applications, country scenarios, trend analyses, and barriers to be overcome for the transition process. The conference is accompanied by Europe’s largest B2B exhibition on storage technologies. The colocation of the conference and the exhibition in one venue provides an ideal opportunity for scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs and investors, policymakers and students to meet. Access to all parts of the conference, the exhibition as well as to the networking events is included in the registration fee for oral and poster presenters.
The deadline for submitting an abstract for an “oral presentation” is Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
Further information and abstract submission at www.ires22.org
All abstracts intended for an oral ore poster presentation need to be uploaded by Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
All abstracts need to be submitted via the online platform www.conftool.pro/ires2020/.
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and contain the focus area, subheadings, new findings and the main thesis. The abstract may be supplemented with a maximum of two pages, including figures with captions and explanatory remarks. Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
The Abstract selection enititles you to present your work at IRES22 and submit a full paper for further refereeing and, upon approval by the Scientific Committee, for Open Access Proceedings Publication in 2022.
The Scientific Committee will meet in September to select the best abstracts and finalize the conference program. Each accepted abstract will be assigned to a speaker’s slot in the parallel session or a place in the poster exhibition. The Program Committee reserves the right to accept abstracts as oral or poster presentations. The committee is fully authorized to reject contributions. The decision by the committee is final. Notification and Confirmation
If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you will be notified by the end of October. The information is sent to the contact person stated in the online system. Those contact persons are asked to share the information with authors and co-authors. With the notification you will receive a Confirmation Form that needs to be returned to EUROSOLAR within one week. The form states the presenting person as well as the title of the presentation and the final contact details.
All oral and poster presenters are required to register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee no later than November 12, 2021.
Fees for presenters from universities, research institutes and non-profit organizations: 480.00 € (incl. VAT) and presenters from companies and private organizations: 960.00 € (incl. VAT). Presenters will receive an invoice for the registration fee in response to their confirmation form.
Presentations can be delivered by both authors and co-authors. If the submitter of the abstract is unable to attend the conference, s/he must provide a replacement. The registration fee is applicable for the re-placing presenter, too. Each presenter may invite one additional co-author or member from his research team to attend the conference for the same price as the presenter (480.00 € or 960.00 € incl. VAT). Any additional co-authors will have to pay the regular conference fee. Presenters may not give more than one presentation.
The conference program will be made available in December 2021 on the website www.ires22.org.
Oral presentations (15 min + 5 min discussion) are taking place in parallel sessions. Oral presentation allocations are subject to refereed quality review of the abstract.
The poster exhibition is integrated in the trade fair hall and/or virtual conference option and can be accessed by all attendees of the conferences and B2B exhibition as well. Posters can be presented and explained throughout.
Additionally, the poster exhibition is highlighted in two session of 90 minutes each, during a time in which no parallel IRES sessions take place. A0 size poster walls and glue strips will be available. Full papers and publications: Full papers may be handed in until February 10, 2022.
While submission of a full paper is not a requirement for the presentation at the conference, it is strongly encouraged. All full papers that have been submitted in time will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All refereed and accepted papers will be published in our open access scientific proceedings journal with Atlantis Press during 2022.
Publications will be copyrighted, published under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) and freely accessible. Papers may not have been published beforehand and may not be published in other publications afterwards, although they may be further developed and substantially revised for the Journal of Energy Storage.
‘STORAGE - ESSENTIAL INFRASTRUCTURE FOR A STABLE CLIMATE’
The IRES 2022 conference will focus on storage in the dynamic and rapidly changing context of distributed renewable energy systems and their advanced ability to link both energy and user/producer communities: Energy storage and sector coupling: connecting the mobility, transport, thermal and power sectors.
Authors are invited to submit research and project abstracts addressing the following storage related topics for the IRES Conference:
- Progress in relevant energy storage technologies including:
- Electrical Storage
- Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Thermal Energy Storage
- Chemical Energy Storage
- Mechanical Energy Storage
- Enhancement of storage capacity, durability, reliability and safety
- Recycling and environmental aspects of energy storage technologies
NETWORKS AND SYSTEMS
- Electric grids and storage – supplements and competition
- Storage as an option to avoid grid extension
- Distributed and decentralized electricity storage as virtual large-scale storage facility
- CHP and heating/cooling networks, use of thermal energy storages in power grids
- High temperature storage
- Demand Response and Demand Side Management
SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
- Strategies for systems with a high share of Renewable Energy and 100% Renewable Energy systems
- Connecting electric vehicles to the grid
- Heat storage for buildings and industrial applications
- Energy storage products, management strategies and field experience with storage systems to increase self-consumption of photovoltaic energy from owned facilities as well as off-grid and micro-grid systems
- Strategies on increasing energy efficiency, especially in the industrial sector
STORAGE IN DISTRIBUTED SMART ENERGY RESOURCES AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (DER and DERMS)
- Power-to-Heat¡ Power-to-Mobility
- Analysis of benefits by interaction of energy networks for power, heat, cold, gas and transport
- Technologies, business models, legal frameworks, country policies
- Barriers for realization of energy sector coupling
- Smart grid concepts and virtual power plants including renewable energy and energy storage
- Smart Energy Systems including blockchain and hash technologies
- Security and privacy in decentralized energy trading and exchange systems
STORAGE OPPORTUNITIES SPECIFIC TO EMERGING COUNTRIES
- Projects and technologies already deployed
- Concepts and realization of micro-grid interaction with national grids
- Status of the regional markets and evolution of technical and regulatory frameworks
STORAGE CITIES: MUNICIPAL ENERGY SUPPLY AND STORAGE SYSTEMS
- Appreciated aspects: marketing, people involvement, financing, technical concepts, barriers, best practice, future plans, etc.
- Local initiatives for renewable energy supply
- Discussion about opportunities and barriers of existing initiatives in cities and local communities who take the energy supply into their own hands
- Share experience from local energy supply communities from all over the word
STORAGE STORIES: WORLDWIDE ENERGY STORAGE CASE STUDIES
- Overviews and reviews on certain storage technologies or areas of application specific to a country or region
- Possibilities and barriers of applying renewable energy and energy storage in a country or region¡ Discussion of current use and types of storage technologies, including evaluation of problems and opportunities arising from certain technologies
- Evaluation of involved actors (government, (multinational) companies, non-profit organizations) and their role on the introduction and sustainable use of storage technologies
The European Association for Renewable Energy
Submission info and entry site: www.ires22.org
Posted in IRES Conference