On 1 October the Austrian Solar Prize was awarded in Graz. In total, ten solar prices and three recognitions were awarded to projects and initatives engaged in the promotion of renewable energy in Austria.
Austrian Solar Prizes 2016
In the category "Cities, municipalities and municipal utilities"
- The market town Auersthal for their engagement for the energy transition
- TRE Thayaland GmbH for the sustainable and regionally acceptable development of the area Waidhofen an der Thaya
In the category "Industrial, commercial or agricultural companies"
- DAS Energy GmbH for their ultra-light and flexibal solar modules manufactured with silicon instead of glas
In the category "Local and regional associations as supporters for projects on renewable energy"
- Alpenverein Innsbruck, for being energy-self-sufficient with PV, solar thermal power, plant oil and water power
In the category "Solar building"
- The zoo Tiergarten Schönbrunn for their innovative use of environmental technology in their new house for giraffes
In the category "Transportation with renewable energy"
- The Austrian Post AG for the implementation of the modell region "e-mobility post" and the initiative "Green Vienna"
In the category "Education"
- Ing. W. Wiesmüller nergy-Link Solarkoffer – for his technical seminar on a construction manual for a mobile supply of energy in a "solar suit case" (Ethiopia)
- The consultancy D.E.U.S. for their project "Safely Supplied" including the „ALL IN energy cell and the "digital blackout disaster management atlas"
In the category "One world cooperation"
- The association "Light for the World" for prociding solar energy for the eye clinic Zorgho in Burkina Faso
The special solar prize for personal engagement was awarded to
- Ing. Peter Ott for the recycling of used laptop batteries and his active 20-year-long support for the use of renewable energy
Three recognitions were awarded to