Ceremony of the Austrian Solar Prize
The Austrian Solar Prize 2016 is awarded annually to municipalities, municipal enterprises, individuals, engineers, architects, owners of installations and to organizations and journalists for their outstanding concern for renewable energy.
The goal of EUROSOLAR is a rapid transition to 100 percent domestic renewable energy. For 28 years, we have worked for a comprehensive energy policy. Energy revolution means the change of the current energy systems, its technologies and structures. This is more than just the exchange of power plants and fuels. Energy revolution is the rapid, complete switchover to local renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, water, biomass, and geothermal sources.
Through an intelligent mix with renewable energy and geothermal energy and sensible energy use of the entire energy demand for Austria, for Europe and for the whole world can be permanently covered as relevant studies show. The energy revolution is needed to secure energy supplies, securing peace, social peace and the creation of sustainable jobs locally.
The solar price is also advertised in several European countries and awarded by the national Euro solar sections. In addition to Austria, Denmark, Germany, France, Greece, Great Britain, Italy, Luxembourg, Russia, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine participate. In parallel with the selection of the national Solar Prizes for the winners of the European Solar Prize will be determined by an international jury.
2016 awarded by EUROSOLAR AUSTRIA ten solar prices and three recognitions. Among them:
- Conversion of fleets to electric vehicles at a major Austrian company
- Energy policy in a community
- Photovoltaic production in Austria
- Integration of photovoltaic modules in a building
- Energy self-sufficient building
- Decentralized energy supply
- E-Carsharing in a region
- Battery storage
- Training in renewable energy in Africa
- Photovoltaic system and battery storage facility for a medical facility in Africa
This year's ceremony of the Austrian Solar Prizes takes place on October 1, 2016 at 10 am at the Technical college (BULME), A-8051 Graz-Gösting, Iberians Straße 15-21, http://www.bulme.at.
Program of the Ceremony
- Director Dipl.-Ing.
- Günther Greier, HTBL u. VA BULME Graz-Gösting,
- RA Dr. Hans Otto Schmidt, chairman of EUROSOLAR AUSTRIA,
- MR DDr. Hedda Sützl-Klein, BMVIT
- Dep. Mayor Elke Kahr, Graz City Council
- Dipl.-Ing. Georg pot, in representation of Bgm. Mag. Nagl
10:45 Keynote "Expansion of photovoltaics in Austria - current status and developments"
- Dr. Hans Kronberger, President Bundesverband Photovoltaic Austria
11:00 Lecture - "Materials Research for the energy transition, Austrian practice examples and policy recommendations"
- Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. mont. Reinhold W. Lang, JKU, Head of Institute, Institute of Polymeric Materials and Testing
11:20 Presentation of the Solar Awards and recognitions 2016 and presentation of projects by the awardees
- Moderator: MR DI Wolfgang Hein, BMVIT
The program will be followed by a breakfast with regional delicacies.